In his song, it wasn’t me, Jamaican born musician, Shaggy narrated how he was caught red-handed cheating but still denied that it wasn’t him. The song rhymes well with President Museveni’s character of always denying responsibility and blaming others. Before taking a swing into Museveni’s previous ‘It wasn’t me, lets start with the recent Miss Curvy fuse.
State minister for Tourism Godfrey Kiwanda launched a national contest of using women as tourism product – for starters, this is one very sick move – and suddenly after national uproar in condemnation of a dehumanizing contest, President Museveni as always twisted it and blamed his Minister simply because things had backfired.
Making a Rolex a tourism product was equally a weak move but since no one condemned it, Museveni decided to take the credit and went in international but what it the public criticized it – definitely Museveni would have blamed someone for it.
Truth is, Museveni always has someone to blame…take a look at the 2018 blames.
• Uganda’s Museveni blames ‘external forces’ for opposition unrest https://www.news24.com/Africa/News/ugandas-museveni-blames-external-forces-for-opposition-unrest-20180910
• Museveni blames police, politicians for death of Bobi Wine’s driver in Arua http://www.africanews.com/2018/08/15/museveni-blames-police-politicians-for-death-of-bobi-wine-s-driver-in-arua//
• Uganda’s Museveni blames civil society for political unrest https://www.dw.com/en/ugandas-museveni-blames-civil-society-for-political-unrest/a-45432927
• Museveni: Noisy church to blame for lack of quick action against top cop Kirumira killers https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001295256/museveni-blames-noisy-church-for-failure-to-arrest-kirumira-s-killers
• President Museveni blames EC for mismanaging elections http://www.ntv.co.ug/news/national/President-Museveni-blames-EC-for-mismanaging-elections/4522324-4730158-bhxnd7z/index.html
• Museveni blames Kampala’s mismanagement on the opposition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emfDROByWM8
• President Museveni Blames Lack of Markets, Prof. Mamdani Cautions on Free Market https://www.bou.or.ug/bou/media/statements/Prof_Mahmood_Mamdani_response_at_the_20th_Joseph_Mubiru_Memorial_Lecture.html
• Yoweri Museveni blames Kampala traffic jam on rich Ugandans Read more: https://www.tuko.co.ke/294284-yoweri-museveni-blames-kampala-traffic-jam-rich-ugandans.html#294284
• Museveni Blames Abiriga’s Death on Poor State of Road https://ugandaradionetwork.com/story/president-museveni-blames-poor-state-of-road-for-abirigas-death
Let’s start counting the 2019 blames